- Video optimization – over 50% of all internet traffic is video.
- Youtube is the second highest ranked search engine after Google.
- Video is 53 times more likely to land you on the first page of Google.
- Video will drive more traffic to your site and keep traffic their longer.
Before you go an put video up about yourself, put video up to drive traffic to your site. It isn’t about what you think, it’s about what they type into Google.
When most agents think video, they think.
- Home Tours
- Agent Profiles
- Testimonial Videos
Drive people to your website with local content that will position you as a real estate expert. For ideas, visit Wordtracker.com or Google Keyword tool and find out what people are Google-ing in your area
- Create how to’s – Pick the right agent, stage a home, add curb appeal
- Town tours – restaurants, things to do, shopping, neighborhoods
Getting Content Out there – Push and Pull
- Through newsletter – (you need to have a database, get email addresses!!!)
- Through Facebook
- Through YouTube
Getting Video Produced
- You can make it yourself
- Find a freelance video producer on Craigslist – Get a contract and 3 references, don’t pay upfront
- Hire a pro – (see above)
Tips for the Do it Yourself
- Use a tripod
- Pan and tilt slowly
- Don’t zoom to much
- Always be in focus
- Get external audio – online and buy a decent microphone!
- Use rule of 3rds, don’t put things in the center, shift things to the left or right
- Keep it short – if your video is over 2 minutes people will click off it before it is complete
- Always brand your video
- Put light on the front of you, not behind you